Happy Birthday to Me




Hey Everyone! I've decided to take a break from my regular posting today. This weekend was a mad dash to clean the house, because one of our good friends is coming to stay with us. Today is also my birthday, so I wanted to relax a bit. Hope you don't mind! ;-)

 
However, in lieu of a recipe today, I would love to hear from my readers! It would mean so much to me!


1.) What are some questions you have for me?
2.) What are some pro/cons regarding this blog?
3.) Would you like to see something else on this blog, other than recipes? Maybe articles about culture, traditions, information about Pakistan and India?




Thanks so much! Expect a new recipe next week!



Till then,


Aisha

Picture:http://www.flickr.com/photos/clevercupcakes/ / CC BY 2.0


Share/Save/Bookmark
Needful Things  – (May 17, 2010 at 9:43 AM)  

Happy Birthday!
No pros & cons to report.
Suggestions: if you want to keep it food-related, you could do a series of special dishes & talk about the history behind them. E.g. mughlai influence dishes or Bihari food etc. You know what I mean?

Danielle  – (May 17, 2010 at 11:47 AM)  

Happy Birthday! Same suggestion as "Grapefruit"...would love to know the history of foods and such!

Life is beautiful !!!  – (May 17, 2010 at 1:18 PM)  

Aisha lovely biscuits. Very eye catching. I am new to your blog. Would love to hear about Pakistan :)

The Good Wife  – (May 18, 2010 at 9:03 AM)  

Hi Aisha,
Happy belated birthday! I have a question as a mom - most people seem to not want to give babies and children spicy food, but I think children should be exposed to all different flavors. Do you think most of your dishes are something kids would enjoy?

SpicyHabibti  – (May 18, 2010 at 10:04 AM)  

Good Wife,
I think that's an excellent question. I've exposed DD to spicy food since she was in-utero, and she hasn't had any issues at all.

All of the dishes I've made so far, she's seemed to enjoy and has not had any problems. Sometimes what I do, is make sure to pick out jalapeno slices, cloves and other spicy peppers that may be too hot for her. She still gets some of the spice in the food.

I would suggest when you make the dishes, such as the lentils and chicken that I posted, mix a little bit with rice. See if the child likes it, than you can keep adding more. This helps them get used to the flavors and spices.

I do believe that exposing kids to spices and flavors early on, is a very positive thing and you'll find them much more willing to try dishes from around the world. :-)

HTH!

Aisha

SpicyHabibti  – (May 18, 2010 at 10:05 AM)  

Hey everyone,
Thanks for the suggestions and birthday wishes, I'll keep them in mind! :-)

May 18, 2010 9:56 A

Post a Comment

Hey Everyone,
Thank-you for stopping by my humble blog. I welcome and encourage comments from my readers. Please leave a name so I can better answer your questions.

Have a great day!
Aisha

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP