Kahwa- Pakistani Green Tea


Kahwa is a popular green tea drink that originates from Kashmir. It has become popular especially in Pakistan, and in parts of India. It is also enjoyed by Afghani people. It is a popular drink that was tied to celebrations and parties; but now is enjoyed as an after dinner tea.


My husband and I love to drink this tea. We drink this almost everyday in the winter. In the summer we drink it at least once or twice a week. I make a very simple version which involves loose green tea leaves and plenty of cardamom seeds. The result is a soft, yet comforting taste that is a perfect accompaniment for snuggling up and watching a movie.



Kawha- Pakistani Green Tea
Serves: 2  Prep: 5 minutes Cook Time: 7-8 minutes

~ 7-8 green cardamom, pods+seeds
~ 4.5 cups of water
~ 2 Tb loose green tea leaves

~Sugar, Optional

1.) Break open the cardamom pods, and put the pods and seeds in a small pot/tea kettle. Pour water into your pot.
2.)  Let the water come to a boil.
3.) When the water is boiling, put in the tea leaves. Let everything boil together for 45 seconds. Turn off stove.
4.) Strain and serve into cups. Sugar to taste.

Alternative Directions: The above recipe is for regular strength of tea. If you like your tea strong, than follow above directions; but after turning off the stove let the tea steep for 2-3 minutes.




Enjoy!

Aisha


Share/Save/Bookmark
sadaf  – (May 3, 2010 at 9:39 AM)  

aisha you are doing great job i like the way how you are introducing pakistani cusine. i am another food blogger, pakistani but living in libya .now following your blog. my url is
http://attentionfoodies.blogspot.com

Blooming Tea  – (September 16, 2010 at 11:06 AM)  

Hello there:) I am a tea lover as well, this is my first time to see such tea (Kahwa), and am glad to have found your blog. It's always nice to know something new (for me), thanks for sharing this.

Aisha  – (September 16, 2010 at 2:29 PM)  

Hi Blooming Tea!

Try it, and I'm sure you'll love it. Thanks for stopping by, :-)

Aisha

coupons code  – (July 13, 2011 at 12:38 AM)  

I like green tea more as compare to the black ones. The main advantage of it is it reduces the weight.

Online Shopping  – (September 22, 2011 at 3:44 AM)  

I like green tea more as compare to the black ones.

Post a Comment

Hey Everyone,
Thank-you for stopping by my humble blog. I welcome and encourage comments from my readers. Please leave a name so I can better answer your questions.

Have a great day!
Aisha

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP